Here are the things I’d like to share this week for Seven Quick Takes, hosted at Conversion Diary:
1. Special thanks to Debra Murphy of Catholic Fiction.net for the great review of Stealing Jenny!
2. December is my favorite month for feast days. There are a lot of them: St. Nicholas (Dec. 6), Immaculate Conception (Dec. 8), Our Lady of Guadalupe (Dec. 12), St. Lucy (Dec. 13), Christmas and the Feast of the Holy Innocents.
3. Interesting article at LifeSiteNews entitled “Contraception a Clear Factor in Decline of Church Numbers.”
4. Just finished reading A Book of Saints for Catholic Moms by Lisa Hendey! Outstanding book and one that I highly recommend to everyone! Review to follow next week.
5. The “Amazing” Book giveaway at the Amazing Catechists website is continuing until December 15th. Stop by and leave a comment anywhere on the site to be entered!
6. I’m looking forward to reading Elizabeth Schmeidler’s new novel: A Child Will Lead Them
7. Last, but not least, here is the more recent version of my husband and three of our sons playing “Carol of the Bells,” (arrangement by Trans Siberian Orchestra) to the screaming students of ADHS. This version includes my youngest son (age 11) who is playing drums.
To watch the original version, click here.
Find more 7 Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.
Copyright 2011 Ellen Gable Hrkach