Please join me and other Catholic bloggers at Conversion Diary’s Blog for 7 Quick Takes Friday:
1. My novel, Stealing Jenny, received a great review from the Midwest Book Review. “Stealing Jenny” is a dark page turner that won’t be easy to put down.”
2. Two nights ago, I attended the Preview performance of Kanata Theatre’s Christmas Musical, A Year With Frog and Toad, in which my husband (who co-directed the musical) and son are performing as Father Frog and Young Frog. The cast did a phenomenal job! For more information or to purchase tickets, contact the box office at 613-831-4435.
3. Yesterday, I watched my favorite Christmas movie It’s A Wonderful Life with my family. I still get emotional at the end when George reads the note from Clarence: “Remember George, that no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings, Clarence.”
4. A gift idea for the newly engaged: Give the gift of an NFP course, either a virtual online class or a live class.
5. If you’re giving a Kindle as a gift to someone or if you’re getting a Kindle this Christmas, I’m offering one free Kindle copy of my newest book, Stealing Jenny, to three people who comment on this 7 Quick Takes post before Sunday, January 1, 2012. That’s three free copies! Leave a comment below to be entered.
6. I took the photo below two nights ago when freezing rain coated the hedge in front of our house with ice. This photo doesn’t fully capture the beauty of the frozen hedge and blue lights, but it’s still quite captivating.
7. And, last but not least, it will be a white Christmas for us up here in the Ottawa, Ontario area! We awoke to a beautiful, fresh snowfall of about two inches (photo). Since we will have a white Christmas, I decided to turn on the “snow” feature of my blog.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary.
Photos and text copyright 2011 Ellen Gable Hrkach
I can’t remember how to turn OFF the “snow” feature, but if I waited for us to have a white Christmas I’d never use it at all. LOL. Although my oldest yesterday morning looked out the window scandalized and said, “I’ve never had a NOT whte Crhistmas!” I looked blankly at him and then realized yes, we have had unusual Christmases the last couple of years!
I love to look at the world at night after freezing rain/ice storms. And in the sunlight. Cameras just can’t capture the beauty of those vistas.
And congrats on the review!
Thanks, Kate! I actually just figured out how to turn on the snow feature. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
I wish we would have a white Christmas here in Ohio. Good to know someone will!
My boys are happy about the white Christmas, especially the youngest, who loves to ski! Merry Christmas, Jeanne! You are entered to win a free Kindle copy of my newest book!