Please join me and other Catholic bloggers at Jen’s Conversion Diary for 7 Quick Takes Friday.
1. JTTF Youth ConferenceI’m heading to the Journey to the Father Youth Conference today. This is one of the few conferences I have continued to attend every year as a vendor. It’s close (two hours away) and I have a lot of “fans” amongst the attendees.
2. Review of Growing Up in God’s Image
Full Quiver’s soon-to-be released book on how to talk to your kids about sex, “Growing Up In God’s Image,” by Carolyn Smith was recently reviewed by Kathleen Basi at Catholic Mothers Online.
3. Parliament HillWe recently took our niece and nephew and some of our own kids to see the Parliament buildings in Ottawa.
4. Hotel Adventure
5. Catholic Writers ConferenceThe Catholic Writers Guild will be holding their fourth annual Catholic Writers Conference Live from August 29-31 in Arlington (near Dallas) Texas. I’ll be presenting two talks: one on Marketing and one on Fiction and Evangelization. If you’re a writer and would like more information, check out the conference website at this link.
6. Gazpacho Soup
One of my favorite summertime treats is Gazpacho Soup from Better Homes and Gardens. I usually add more garlic and I chop the onions instead of thinly slicing them. This is a great way to easily get two or three servings of vegetables.
7. God Moments II: Recognizing the Fruits of the Holy SpiritI contributed three stories to a book called God Moments II: Recognizing the Fruits of the Holy Spirit by Michele Elena Bondi. It recently won 3rd Place in the small publisher category for the Catholic Press Association. It’s available on Amazon in print or Kindle.
Text and photos copyright 2012 Ellen Gable Hrkach